Copyright © 2011 SPOOKS - Scientific Paranormal Observation Of Kinetic Spirits - All Right Reserved
click on any photo below to enlarge
This photo was received from Denise Russell. "The  lady in the color photo is my granny," she says. "She  lived on her own until age 94, when her mind started  to weaken and had to be moved to an assisted living  home for her own safety. At the end of the first  week, there was a picnic for the residents and their  families. My mother and sister attended. My sister  took two pictures that day, and this is one of them.  It was taken on Sunday, 8/17/97, and we think the man  behind her is my grandpa who passed away on Sunday,  8/14/84.   We did not notice the man in the picture until  Christmas Day, 2000 (granny had since passed away),  while browsing through some loose family photos at my  parents' house. My sister thought it was such a nice  picture of granny that she even made a copy for mom,  but still, nobody noticed the man behind her for over  three years! When I arrived at my parents' house that  Christmas day, my sister handed me the picture and  said, "Who do you think this man behind granny looks  like?" It took a few seconds for it to sink in. I was  absolutely speechless. The black and white photos  show that it really looks like him. 
Several unnerving instances of ghost and poltergeist  activity were reported by the management, staff, and  customers of the Godfather's Pizza restaurant in  Ogden, Utah in 1999-2000, prompting an investigation  by Utah Paranormal Exploration and Research (UPER).  Phenomena included:  The sighting of several spirits  A jukebox that played by itself, even when  unplugged A tile floor that bulged up as high as ten  inches, then leveled itself; a later examination  showed nothing out of the ordinary beneath the  tile and the concrete was intact.  Fluorescent light tubes flew out of their boxes  and smashed on the floor  Mysterious whistling was heard from the kitchen  several times. UPER's investigation found that the restaurant might  have been built upon a very old pauper's field -- a  cemetery for the poor. It also resulted in this  photo, taken by Merry Barrentine, UPER's general  manager, in 2000. This misty apparition was actually  seen with the naked eye for a few seconds as it  materialized in the middle of the room. 
In 1982, photographer Chris Brackley took a  photograph of the interior of London's St. Botolph's  Church, but never expected what would appear on the  film. High in the church's loft, seen in the upper  right-hand corner of his photograph, is the  transparent form of what looks like a woman.  According to Brackley, to his knowledge there were  only three people in the church at the time the photo  was taken, and none of them were in that loft  According to London Paranormal Database Records, "Mr.  Brackley was later contacted by a builder who  recognized the face of one that he had seen in a  coffin in the church." 
Sefton Church is an ancient structure (started in the  12th century and finished in the early 16th century)  in Merseyside, England, just north of Liverpool. This  particular photograph was taken inside the church in  September, 1999. According to Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits and  Haunted Places, where this photo was found, there was  only one other photographer in the church beside the  person who took this picture. Neither of them  recalled seeing the ghost or any flesh-and-blood  person standing there who could account for this  image. Because the figure is all in black, it has  been theorized that the apparition could be that of a  church minister.
This photograph of the Combermere Abbey library was taken in 1891 by  Sybell Corbet. The figure of a man can faintly be seen sitting in the  chair to the left. His head, collar and right arm on the armrest are  clearly discernible. It is believed to be the ghost of Lord  Combermere. Lord Combermere was a British cavalry commander in the early 1800s,  who distinguished himself in several military campaigns. Combermere  Abbey, located in Cheshire, England, was founded by Benedictine monks  in 1133. In 1540, King Henry VII kicked out the Benedictines, and the  Abbey later became the Seat of Sir George Cotton KT, Vice Chamberlain  to the household of Prince Edward, son of Henry VIII. In 1814, Sir  Stapleton Cotton, a descendant of Sir George, took the title "Lord  Combermere" and in 1817 became became the Governor of Barbados. Today  the Abbey is a tourist attraction and hotel. 
James Courtney and Michael Meehan, crew members of the S.S.  Watertown, were cleaning a cargo tank of the oil tanker as it sailed  toward the Panama Canal from New York City in December of 1924.  Through a freak accident, the two men were overcome by gas fumes and  killed. As was the custom of the time, the sailors were buried at sea  off the Mexican coast on December 4.  But this was not the last the remaining crew members were to see of  their unfortunate shipmates. The next day, before dusk, the first  mate reported seeing the faces of the two men in the waves off the  port side of the ship. They remained in the water for 10 seconds,  then faded. For several days thereafter, the phantom-like faces of  the sailors were clearly seen by other members of the crew in the  water following the ship. 
Lord Combermere died in 1891, having been struck and killed by a horse-drawn  carriage. At the time Sybell Corbet took the above photo, Combermere's funeral was  taking place some four miles away. The photographic exposure, Corbet recorded, took  about an hour. It is thought by some that during that time a servant might have  come into the room and sat briefly in the chair, creating the transparent image.  This idea was refuted by members of the household, however, testifying that all  were attending Lord Combermere's funeral.  Interesting side note: Lord Combermere is connected to another well-known  paranormal story: the famous "Moving Coffins" of Barbados. The coffins inside the  sealed vault of the Chase family are said to have been moved about by unnatural  forces. The heavy coffins were repeatedly put in proper order, but often when a new  coffin was added to the vault, the coffins were found strewn about. Lord  Combermere, while governor of Barbados, had ordered a professional investigation of  the mystery. Related Link
On arrival in New Orleans, the ship's captain, Keith Tracy, reported the strange  events to his employers, the Cities Service Company, who suggested he try to  photograph the eerie faces. Captain Tracy purchased a camera for the continuing  voyage. When the faces again appeared in the water, Captain Tracy took six photos,  then locked the camera and film in the ship's safe. When the film was processed by  a commercial developer in New York, five of the exposures showed nothing but sea  foam. But the sixth showed the ghostly faces of the doomed seamen. The negative was  checked for fakery by the Burns Detective Agency. After the ship's crew had been  changed, there were no more reports of sightings.